Featured Post

Pinned Post, A Policy Note:

I have made a decision to keep this blog virus free from this point forward, at least until the smoke clears. This is not a judgement about ...

Saturday, September 29, 2012

See? I told you so.

In this post I more or less predicted A New American Picture by Doug Rickard. Further variations on the idea in this post. Doug Rickard essentially trolled through google's Street View for photographs, and made a book out of them.

Opinions vary on whether what Rickard did was any good, and I am dubious about the technical quality of the work - the image quality of google's Street View has never struck me as worth a damn. But nonetheless, I predicted this! I predicted it, apparently, about 2 years after the first edition appeared, so, not very oracular. Still, I am pleased and feel vindicated in my theories.

No comments:

Post a Comment