Featured Post

Pinned Post, A Policy Note:

I have made a decision to keep this blog virus free from this point forward, at least until the smoke clears. This is not a judgement about ...

Thursday, October 24, 2019

Cakes

My older daughter is taking an after-school activity thing on cake decorating. Mainly they are piping icing/frosting on to various objects using different tips and learning different techniques. They're 10 year olds, plus or minus a year or two.

Since most art is less ephemeral than an edible object, I decided to indulge myself and showed up at school with a camera, tripod, and a ghetto "mini-studio" made out of a cardboard box and some drawing paper.



The cakes looks pretty good, if I say so myself. I got to eat part of my daughter's. Not a part with frosting.




There were more cakes, but how many tiny cake piles can one stand, really? My daughter's is the first one.

4 comments:

  1. An art history teacher had us memorize this stricture (John Berger?): "All art reflects the values of those who pay for its creation." In this case the artist knew to make sure her design left lots of un-iced cake for Dad.

    ReplyDelete
  2. "Since most art is less ephemeral than an edible object"

    So you haven't been to a gallery recently.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Perhaps you haven't watched a kid eat cake recently?

      Delete
    2. Stick it in a gallery, wait for the gushing reviews.

      Delete