Featured Post

Pinned Post, A Policy Note:

I have made a decision to keep this blog virus free from this point forward, at least until the smoke clears. This is not a judgement about ...

Monday, April 6, 2020

Steve

Remember my friend Steve? Well, I ain't seen Steve in 3-4 months. I figured he was in jail, or dead.

Turns out he's neither. He's sober. No drugs or alcohol for three months so far, he's working in the kitchen at the Lighthouse Mission downtown, feeding the homeless guys. He's in a program. A year long thing.



He's even tracking pretty well. Previous bouts of sobriety have left him not-entirely-present. But the lights are on in there this time. Looks good, looks healthy.

Made my day.

2 comments:

  1. Some good news. Thanks.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Good for Steve, and good for you to keep track of him.

    ReplyDelete