Featured Post

Pinned Post, A Policy Note:

I have made a decision to keep this blog virus free from this point forward, at least until the smoke clears. This is not a judgement about ...

Thursday, June 2, 2016

Shootin' Stock

My wife, after many years of doing financial planning under the aegis of other firms, has gotten around to starting her own practice (* see below for details) and I am assisting in small ways with a little marketing support, occasional errands, and shooting "stock" photos for her weekly blog posts. She writes about things like how best to save for college, what to do with a not-very-good 401(k) plan, stuff like that. Things her target market might find interesting.

So I've been shooting pictures to illustrate each blog post's idea. The pictures function, perhaps, like a subtitle, a repetition of the theme in other words. It's a lot like Art with a capital A, interestingly. There's a very clear concept, and you get one picture to illustrate it. There's also branding/corporate identity to consider, so I try to make the pictures a little "fun", and to hit the corporate colors.







My wife's financial planning practice is targeted at Moms in High Tech (in the USA), a specific niche with a pretty specific set of needs. If you're a Mom in High Tech, or a Parent with job that has weird compensation models, or a Woman in High Tech, you might find my wife's services and service model useful. Drop me a note at amolitor@gmail.com if so, I'll introduce you. She is way nicer than I am.

3 comments:

  1. Good to see a little more 'commercial / stock' images.
    They may be one picture per post, but they do tie in rather nicely.

    Thanks for sharing.

    Corporate colour is pink?

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yay, it's reading!

      There's actually a Pink-Purple/Navy-Blue pair, and a secondary Green/Yellow-Gold pair in the logo. I never can really hit the gold, and the green only sneaks in every now and then.

      Delete
  2. Forgot to say - all the best to the missus in her endeavour 😃

    ReplyDelete